Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Big Bang

Today is officially my last day at Old Navy before I leave for Florida! I'm kind of sad it's a long shift, but I guess I'll be happy about it when I get my check ^_^



In honor of Big Bang releasing their second full length album in Japan today I thought I should dedicate this post to them. Big Bang (빅 뱅) is one of the (if not the) most popular groups in Korea. They recently came back with a mini album in January after a hiatus of over two years. The Tonight mini album was so popular that it even became the tenth most downloaded album in the US itunes charts with no American promotion whatsoever!

Seungri, G-Dragon, TaeYang, DaeSung, and T.O.P.
Big Bang debuted in 2006 and is made up of five members. Seungri is the youngest of the group and is one of the vocalists of Big Bang. G-Dragon is the leader of Big Bang. He raps, as well as writes and composes most of their songs. TaeYang would probably be considered the main vocalist. DaeSung is also a vocalist. T.O.P. also raps, and often writes his raps.
Sunset Glow was their first really big hit. It was so popular that the lyrics have started to be printed in Korean textbooks so students can study song writing! Their second big hit was Lies. I think it was after that the entire country fell in love with them. Once Big Bang released their first Japanese album, they re-did some of their Korean songs in English. My favorite English song of theirs is Remember. Tonight from their newest mini album is probably my favorite song to dance to at the moment.



Without a doubt though, my favorite Big Bang song is Haru Haru. Haru Haru translates to day after day. Basically the song is about that even though the girl broke up with him, they are telling the girl to be happy and only remember the good times that they shared. He is telling her that she should be happy even though day by day he is becoming dull because she left.

The lyrics to Big Bang's songs are always really good and worth a read/listen (all of the links I shared contain English translation). The other cool thing about Big Bang is that they have been able to have successful solo albums but they still come back together to become Big Bang again. I'm sure I will post more later about the individual members, but hopefully you will enjoy Big Bang as much as I do!

Picture Source 1  2

No comments:

Post a Comment