Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Packing and Formalities

I'm not really nervous about much concerning my trip this summer. The thought of the long flight and navigating Incheon airport haven't really bothered me. The thing that concerns me the most is how I'm going to pack everything! Going to Florida this upcoming week will be a good practice run for me. I have started to pack a bit already and I think I'm going to have to be creative in order to get everything to fit.


Most of what I've packed so far is shoes and product. I know it's kind of stupid to bring a bunch of different pairs of shoes, but I can't seem to talk myself into thinking that two pairs will get me through two weeks. I guess I just really like having options!

The other issue I had with packing so far was deciding what kind of suitcase to use. For a while I was thinking about buying a nice hardtop suitcase, but I can't really justify paying more for the suitcase than I did for my flight to Florida. I was hesitant about using the large upright suitcase that I brought with me to Florida last year because the zipper was a bit crazy and we just disposed of another piece of luggage from that set for the same reason. Therefore, I decided to try out this large duffel bag that we have. I'm not sure it's as big as the upright suitcase but the zipper is a lot more sturdy. I even did a bit of customizing to it so it would be easier to pick out at baggage claim.


My Mom surprised me with Hello Kitty duct tape the other day and I thought I would put it to good use. Now no one can deny that this suitcase belongs to me ^_^

Before I end this entry, I will share something about the Korean language that I really like. In Korea, you refer to your older friends as "older sister" or "older brother". You in turn can refer to your younger friends as "younger brother" or "younger sister". It seems to create a closer relationship, as well as giving motivation to look after your friends.

My dream Oppa, T.O.P. 
The funny thing is how they use these terms when two people are dating. If the girl is older, she often does not like to be called "noona". However, guys love to be called "oppa". Sometimes the guys like to be called oppa even if they are younger! It seems like it gives girls a cute image when they call their boyfriends oppa. I also think that the guys like it because it shows them that the girl relies on them. Overall I just like the idea of being close enough to your friends to call them brother or sister!

Wen unni~
And since Wen is fluent in Korean now, I'll get to call her unni when I see her this summer!

Picture Source 1

No comments:

Post a Comment