Monday, July 4, 2011

Goodbye America!

This is going to be my last post before my trip. I thought I would get another one in, but these past couple days have been pretty crazy. I feel like I always have something to do; running to the store to buy things for my trip, going to work, and I've been to two birthday parties in the past three days!

I still can't really fathom that I'll actually be in Korea in a mere three days (on the plane in two!). It's something I've wanted to do for so long. It's been about two years since I've seen my friends, and about a year since I got interested in Korean culture.

I'm so excited for this trip because I will get to spend time with my friends, but also for the cultural experience this is going to be. The only other country I've ever been to is Canada, and that doesn't really count. I wonder what it will be like to live somewhere for two weeks where everyone else speaks a language different from my own, where all the food is different, and where I won't know anyone outside of the few friends I am meeting.

I feel/hope like I've gotten a decent idea of what Seoul might be like from watching all my dramas and variety shows. I am really looking forward to getting to spend some time in a large city again. I was in NYC for a couple of days last year but I don't think I really got the true feel of a large city. And I can't wait to see other parts of the country. When I come back maybe I will be an expert!

I can't wait to share everything about my trip with you when I get back. Please anticipate some great future blog entries ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment