Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Visiting Namsan

Sorry I've been slow about updating. I've been pretty tired since getting back home, I think my body still wants to be in the South Korean time zone! Because of that I'm going to try and keep this post on the short side. Before I left I wrote about wanting to visit Namsan Tower, and luckily I got to! Let me tell you about it ^_^

Over dinner my friends and I decided to head to Namsan, despite the rain. It was my first full day in Korea so I was beyond excited. When we started my friend told me it would be about a fifteen minute walk. Little did I know it would be almost all uphill!





ㅠ_ㅠ

Needless to say we were a bit tired but the thought of getting to Namsan kept us going! Sandra and I were really motivated by seeing where our favorite dramas were filmed. On the cable car on the way up we could not stop talking about Goo Jun Pyo and Jan Di!


Where Goo Jun Pyo and Jan Di spent their first night together


After getting off the cable car Namsan looked absolutely gorgeous in the night sky. It was kind of a magical moment because as soon as we got off the cable car there was someone performing and he was singing CN Blue's Love Light.




In front of Namsan Tower


The main store at Namsan Tower was pretty cool. They had things for sale from various dramas that had filmed there like You're Beautiful and Boys Over Flowers. Wen bought a really cute I <3 Korea luggage tag. Right outside of the store was the area where people could post their love tiles. I had never heard of or seen the love tiles before, but they are similar to the love locks. People (normally couples) buy a tile and write a message on it for each other. Then they post the tile on the wall, which is covered with thousands of tiles. 



<3 Love tiles <3


My friends and I could not resist so we decided to write our own love tile. After much thought, this is what we wrote on ours;







The only thing left to do was to find a spot to put our tile!






If you ever visit Namsan, try to find our tile ^_^ I can't wait to go back and see it again someday. After we finished with our tile, we went outside to visit the love locks.






We didn't spend much time looking at the locks due to the rain, but it was really an awe inspiring sight! I can't wait to go back there again someday (and maybe leave my own lock lock ^_~). Who would you like to leave a love lock with? What do you think you would write on it?





No comments:

Post a Comment