Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2NE1

Before  my classes start tomorrow I wanted to share another entry with you. Hopefully I will still find time to update my blog a couple of times a week once my classes go into full swing but I'm going to apologize in advance if my posts start to get a little slow -_-


Earlier this week I had some downloads left on my soribada account so on a whim I got the latest 2NE1 mini album. I'd always been a little hesitant to listen to them because while I didn't dislike their songs that I'd already heard, I didn't love them either. Also, when it comes to K-Pop girl groups, I tend to like groups like SNSD and f(x) who have a very cute, bubbly image.





However the instant I started to listen to 2NE1 2nd Mini Album I was hooked! Every song is really catchy and I was singing along after the first listen. The songs are all really relatable, and all of the girls have great voice. Let's meet the members ^_^





Park Bom is the main vocalist of 2NE1. Her voice is incredible! She moved to the United States during elementary school so in addition to speaking Korean, she is also fluent in English. When we signed with YG she also learned Japanese and Chinese! She is currently 27 years old and attended Berklee College of Music. She has also done some work with Big Bang, most recently appearing on Oh Yeah and I'm Having An Affair.













Dara (her real name is Sandara Park) is 26 and recently got promoted to be the Director of Communications of 2NE1! When she was growing up her family moved to the Philippines so that is where she first became famous. She is also an actress and is in TaeYang's I Need A Girl music video. And her younger brother, Thunder, is a member of MBLAQ.








CL raps for 2NE1 in addition to singing. She is 20 years old and as she grew up her family moved around often so she is also fluent in Japanese, French, and English (I really admire all of these people who can speak so many languages!). There are rumors that she may be looking into a solo career, and she was also a guest judge on Project Runway Korea!







Minzy is the youngest member of 2NE1 as she is only 17 right now. She was only 15 when 2NE1 debuted! She is known for her dancing skills and she is the granddaughter of a popular folk dancer.


Like I mentioned earlier, every song on the 2nd Mini Album is great so I'm not sure I can pick one favorite to share with you, but why don't you take a look at Lonely....






Ugly is also really great! Apparently 2NE1 has done some work with Will.i.am in preparation for an American debut so lets cross our fingers that we may get to see 2NE1 in the United States sometime soon!




Picture Source 1 2 3 4 5

No comments:

Post a Comment