Friday, August 19, 2011

G-Dragon

In honor of G-Dragon's birthday today, and Big Bang's fifth anniversary tomorrow, I thought it was the perfect time to dedicate a post to G-Dragon!


G-Dragon's current haircut


G-Dragon became active in the entertainment business when he was only 8, releasing a Christmas album with the group Little Roora. After releasing that album, G-Dragon spent time training with SM Entertainment before he eventually ended up at YG. At YG he became friends with TaeYang, and after that Big Bang was formed. 




G-Dragon is the leader of Big Bang and he writes and composes most of the their songs. He also writes for other artists, and produced TaeYang's solo album. Since G-Dragon has written so many songs, he is one of the top songwriters in Korea in terms of receiving royalties from his songs each year!






G-Dragon released his first solo album, Heartbreaker, in 2009. I think my favorite song from Heartbreaker is Butterfly. Last December, G-Dragon released a unit album with T.O.P. which I've mentioned previously. It is an epic album and every single song is great, but one of GD's solo songs on the album that I really recommend is Obsession.





G-Dragon is also really well known for his fashion sense. He always seems to be pushing the limits of fashion and making bold choices while always managing to look really good. And it is always big news when GD changes his hairstyle. I'm not sure what style I like best, but I am enjoying his look now ^_^ Because of his great style, G-Dragon has many endorsement deals.




G-Dragon's newest song (and my current ringtone ^_~) is "I'm Having An Affair". It's a collaboration with Park Myung Soo (who is a comedian) and Park Bom (from 2NE1). When I was in Korea this was being played everywhere. G-Dragon wrote and composed the song with Park Myung Soo as part of a competition on the variety show Infinity Challenge and it became super popular!




 Apparently G-Dragon is working on some new material now, although he is not sure if it will end up being a solo album or a unit album with T.O.P. (I'm hoping for GD&T.O.P. volume 2). He and T.O.P. have also contributed to the upcoming Diplo album. Let's anticipate more music from G-Dragon as we wish him a happy birthday ^_^


Picture Source 1 2 3 4 5

No comments:

Post a Comment