Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Favorite OST Tracks

Korean dramas normally have a great OST (or soundtrack) that accompanies them. Most of the time the songs are sung by popular K-Pop idols, or even the actors in the drama themselves. These songs do a particularly good job of heightening the emotion in the dramas. Here are my favorites ^_^



"Paradise" by T-Max





This is from the Boys Over Flowers OST. I always get so happy when I am in the car and this song comes up on my shuffle. The opening of this song is very distinctive and I immediately want to watch Boys Over Flowers when I hear it! I also love the chorus of "Paradise"--


I can go anywhere as long as I’m with you
To the my paradise
Forget the times you suffered and hurt
It’s only the beginning for us
Let’s go, let’s run
Loving you forever


"Cupid" by Girl's Day 
"Cupid" is from the City Hunter OST. I think the score from City Hunter is actually better than the vocal tracks from the OST but this song is special to me. When I was in Myungdong with Henny the two of us were singing this song ^_^ The lyrics are also very cute --



I feel like I’m under a spell
When I look at you
Pitter Patter of my excited heart
From head to toe
I’ve come to like you so much
Without even noticing
I’ll get closer carefully


 "That Man" by Hyun Bin
"That Man" is from the Secret Garden OST (this is off topic, but I'm so excited because I pre-ordered my Secret Garden DVD and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow! Hooray!) and I'm in love with the Hyun Bin version (actually, I'm just in love with everything about Hyun Bin ^_~).  This song really fits the drama so well. I highly recommend that you look up the complete lyrics to the song because it is meaningful and sweet, but here are my favorite couple of lines--


I who love you am next to you even now.
That man cries.
That man is very timid.
So he learned how to laugh.
There are so many things that he can’t even tell his closest friend.
His heart is filled with scars.
So that man,
He loved you because you were the same.



"Poison" by Jea from Brown Eyed Girls
"Poison" is from the Fugitive: Plan B OST. The main reason why I included it in this post is because of how amazing Jea's voice is. I readily admit to belting this song out in my car. Unfortunately I couldn't find a great translation of the lyrics so you will have to make do with watching the video!



"Winter Child" by Suzy from Miss A





"Winter Child" is from the Dream High OST. Like Jea, Suzy also has an incredible voice and when she sang this song in the drama it was very emotional. "Winter Child" is actually a birthday song, and I love the meaning of the beginning of it--


Born in the winter
My lover
Clear as snow
You who belongs to me


"Dream High" by  Taecyeon, Wooyoung, IU, Suzy, Eun Jung, and Kim Soo Hyun


Yes, another song from the Dream High OST. But I really love this song! It is the theme song of the drama and when I listen to it I always get motivated to get up and start moving! I especially like Taecyeon's rap--


Dream high a chance to fly high
Bye bye to the hurts
Fly high like the stars in the sky
Open your dreams, time for you to shine
Starting Now, gotta make em mine
Don't be afraid of the future in you hands, walk in confidence now
You can't stop destiny now
Whole new fantasy is open in front of your eyes
So hold my hand now
Our stop is the same now, don't give up on your dreams
When you're young dream high everyone


"Without Words" by Park Shin Hye
This is from the You're Beautiful OST. I adore Park Shin Hye. She is so cute and she has a great ability to sing with emotion. Listening to this song really makes me want to watch You're Beautiful again! I should start to save my money so I can buy the DVD! Here is my favorite verse from this song--

Without a word you made me know love
Without a word you gave me love
Because you took just a breath and ran away like this
Without a word love leaves me
Without a word love abandons me
Wondering what to say next, my lips were surprised
Because it came without a word.


"You've Fallen For Me" by Jung Yong Hwa

How could I create a list like this and not include Yong Hwa ^_^ This is from the Heartstrings OST. While I didn't really love the drama, Yong Hwa and Park Shin Hye were very cute in it and some great music came out of it. Yong Hwa sings this very well and here are the best lyrics of the song--


you have fallen for me, fallen for me, melted in my sweet love.
you have fallen for me, fallen for me, mesmerized by charming gaze.
see my eyes you fell for me
see my eyes you have fallen for me
i fall in love with you too now i will confess i am in love with you.
i fall in love with you too my heart says i am in love with you.


"I Will Forget You" by Park Shin Hye
"I Will Forget You" is actually a CN Blue song, but Park Shin Hye did a cover of it for Heartstrings. This is a great song to listen to if you are going through a breakup or simply want to forget someone, all the lyrics to this song are amazing (love, love, love CN Blue!) but here is the part that really pertained to this drama--


I will forget you. Starting today,
I don't know you. I have never seen you.
We never even walked pass eachother.
I'm okay. I forgot everything. I'm happy with my busy life.
I've met a great person too.

I hope you enjoyed learning about (and hopefully listening to) some great OSTs! These are only a few of my favorites, I could have made this list three times as long as what it is but I'm ready to go watch the next episode of Running Man ^_~ Enjoy these songs and let me know if you have a favorite!


Translation Credit 2  3  
7 8

2 comments:

  1. I love that man by Hyun Bin <3 I still need to watch you're beautiful though :/ I'll start as soon as i finish Heartstrings :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Beautiful is great! I'm sure you'll love it ^_^ What did you think of Heartstrings? I just finished it and I am debating what drama to watch next...

    ReplyDelete