Monday, November 7, 2011

Heartstrings

I've finished a fair amount of homework today and I have the MTV EMA's on right now in the hopes of seeing Big Bang (they're up for the best worldwide act award! Big Bang Fighting~~)! So while I'm waiting for them, I thought I'd post about one of the most recent drama's that I've watched. 



Heartstrings


I was incredibly excited once I heard about this drama. Not only does it star one of my favorite K-Pop Idols, Jung Yong Hwa, but it also stars the super sweet Park Shin Hye. They also both starred in the drama You're Beautiful


So~~~ Cute~ ^_^


Heartstrings tells the stories of Lee Shin and Lee Gyu Won. They are both music students attending university who happen to meet and then one thing leads to another ^_~ I must admit, the first few episodes were difficult for me to get through. The story wasn't that great and I wasn't invested in the characters yet. However, I pushed through out of my love for Yong Hwa, and I ended up being really happy that I did. We got to see some really sweet moments between Shin and Gyu Won, and there was just the right amount of emotional scenes to keep me interested. Let me tell you about the characters~



Lee Shin


Lee Shin is played by the handsome Jung Yong Hwa who is the lead singer of CN Blue. This was his first lead role and I thought he did a great job! Lee Shin is an outwardly cold character, but once you get to know him his sweet side comes out. He's a protective older brother (who wouldn't want him as their oppa?) with a sensitive side. I really liked getting to see him in boyfriend mode again, it really made me miss him on We Got Married! Honestly, this drama is worth watching just for him ^_^



I want to have Yong Hwa take me on a bike ride ^_~


Lee Gyu Won


Lee Gyu Won is played by the lovely Park Shin Hye. I don't know how she manages to look super adorable in every picture but she does! Gyu Won is pressured into being a traditional music major by her grandfather. She spends all her time practicing her gayageum. Her world turns upside down once she meets the arrogant Lee Shin. Once she gets a taste of the musical theater world, she questions her commitment to traditional music. She has many choices to make as the drama goes on, but I think she does really well for herself!


 
Kim Suk Hyun


Kim Suk Hyun is played by Song Chang Ui. He was also in the great movie My Girl and I. In Heartstrings his character is a Broadway director who just came home for the first time in years. He is still upset about his breakup years ago with Jung Yoon Soo and isn't letting it (or her) go. 



Jung Yoon Soo


Jung Yoon Soo is played by So Yi Hyun. She plays a sweet but strong dance professor at the university. At  the beginning of the drama she does not know how to handle the crush that Lee Shin has on her, and then she is forced to deal with the return of Kim Suk Hyun who seems to have it out for her. We get to see the pain that Yoon Soo went through in the past that made he the person that she is, and we learn to really care for her.



Han Hee Joo


Han Hee Joo is played by Woo Ri. Han Hee Joo is a snotty, stuck up, theater brat who is the daughter of one of the department heads at the university. Therefore, she gets whatever she wants. And what she wants is the lead role in the musical. I hope it's not Woo Ri's fault, but unlike Jung Yoon Soo it never got to the point where I rooted for her. Her character never really showed much change, and I never felt that she was worthy or deserving of what she eventually got. Sorry, but I just found Han Hee Joo to be incredible irritating throughout the entire drama.



Yeo Joon Hee



Yeo Joon Hee is played by the amazingly cute Kang Min Hyuk, who is the drummer of CN Blue. He was also in the amazing drama It's Okay Daddy's Daughter. Joon Hee (although I hate to say it) is a bit of a simple, one dimensional character. He is in Lee Shin's band, The Stupid, and he is always hungry. Upon first sight he falls head over heels for Han Hee Joo and spends the entire drama romancing her. He is incredibly sweet and it is impossible to hate him, although I personally wanted to grab and shake him because he could do so much better than Hand Hee Joo!





Here's a cute fan made music video of the drama to give you a taste of it. It also features my favorite orginal song from the soundtrack, You've Fallen For Me by Jung Yong Hwa. I really love the meaning of the song, especially when Shin tells Gyu Won he says it to himself to get over his stage fright and she begins to do the same. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did ^_^


For those of you that have watched Heartstrings what did you think of it? And for those of you who haven't seen it yet, are you going to give it a try?


Picture Source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

No comments:

Post a Comment