Sunday, November 20, 2011

SNSD Party~

In honor of SNSD releasing their maxi single today, my dongsaeng Shaylah and I decided to celebrate ^_^ We planned a full day of shopping at the Korean market, walking around Ann Arbor, eating Korean BBQ, and then watching Running Man while doing our packs.



When Shaylah got to my house, we had a kimchi pancake and then headed to the Korean market while singing along to some of our favorite idols in the car. Manna is a great Korean market, I got some more black bean paste for making jjajangmyun and rice milk (so delicious). We also shared a roll of kimbap (a true taste of Korea).





One of our first stops in Ann Arbor was to a great store called Middle Earth. And look at what we found! Look familiar? Let me show you a close up shot...


I got yelled at for taking this picture


Remember it now? 


Now you remember it


The horse from Hands Up! I loved getting to see anything remotely related to K-Pop even if it was a creepy horse mask ^_^


After walking around the University of Michigan Campus (and not finding nearly as many oppas as we would have liked to) we headed over to Seoul Garden for dinner.


Showing some aegyo ^_^


We were lucky when a group of about five handsome oppas sat at the table behind us (see the guy in the red hoodie)! 


My best aegyo pose


I was a little embarrassed at one point because we needed some more lettuce for our meat, so I decided to try out my Korean skills. I called out "Cho gi yo~" (Excuse me~) I saw the waitress look at me. She replied with an "Oh" and just walked away! I thought I might have said it wrong (although I really didn't think I did). Luckily a few minutes later an oppa sitting behind me (the man in the green jacket in the picture above) said the same thing and the waitress ignored him too, so then I felt a bit better.


 Looking at this is making my stomach growl!


For dinner we ended up getting Kal Bi and a tofu and seafood chigae. The kal bi was perfect and the chigae was extremely flavorful. I would really recommend Seoul Garden (I think this might be the location of my birthday dinner this year ^_^). 




Once we got back to my house after dinner, we decided to go pack crazy while watching the SNSD episode of Running Man


Do you like our shirts?


After our packs, we both agreed that our skin felt "so youthful, so young"! Our hands and feet are so soft! 


We both had a great time celebrating SNSD and I hope you enjoyed reading about it ^_^


Picture Source 1

No comments:

Post a Comment