Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Ode to Yoo Jae Suk

I wanted to take the time to create a post that showed my adoration of Yoo Jae Suk~


A God among men


There are many, many people that I like in the Korean entertainment world. There are handsome idols like Taecyeon and Kim Hyun Joong, incredible actors like Lee Min Ho and Hyun Bin, and there are hilarious stars on varieties like Kim Jong Kook and Song Joong Ki. But out of all those people, if I got the chance to meet one person (OK, two, you know T.O.P. would be my first choice ^_~) it would be Yoo Jae Suk.



Flawless


Sure, he's not the most handsome, or the strongest, or smartest, but he is without a doubt the funniest, and most kind person I have ever seen in the entertainment world. Whenever I've had a stressful day, my worries drain away the second I sit down and watch Family Outing or Running Man.






I was first introduced to Jae Suk through Running Man. I had a couple of hours at school to kill and I saw that Seung Ri was a guest. I watched the episode for him, but I was immediately hooked. Jae Suk was undeniably hilarious and I had to bite my tongue the entire episode to keep from laughing in the otherwise silent computer lab.






After that fateful day I went back and watched every single episode of Running Man. And with each episode I became more smitten with Jae Suk. He had me in tears due to laughter in every episode. There is just something about him that is so funny.





Perhaps a bit of it has to do with his low stamina in the games that they play. I remember talking to my friend Henny about Jae Suk once and she said "He's so weak!" kekeke. Despite his low strength levels, he always gives his best effort.





I've also always loved how paranoid he gets when he has to betray the other members like when he was Yooruce Willis.


However, once I got caught up with Running Man I began to panic. How was I going to continue to get my Jae Suk fix? Luckily I found my answer very quickly.


A classic Family Outing moment


And that answer was Family Outing! I'm still catching up on Family Outing (I'm at about episode 60 right now) but I love it nearly as much as I love Running Man. Jae Suk is just as funny on this variety, but what I really love about him on Family Outing is his various relationships within the family.





The "Nation's Siblings" relationship that he has with Hyori is so incredibly funny. You can tell that they really love each other like brother and sister, and are willing to do anything to make others laugh. Their dynamic is really hilarious!




But probably my favorite relationship that he has is "Dumb & Dumber" with Daesung. Daesung really looks up to Jae Suk a lot, and in turn Jae Suk looks out for him. They are so comfortable with each other, and they support each other unconditionally.


Everyone <3s Jae Suk


A few weeks ago there was a mini-scandal involving Jae Suk. People were upset with him because he is such a well known celebrity and he had never made any charitable donations. However, it was quickly found out that he has been making donations to charity his entire career, but he was not publicizing them as he did not want to make it seem like he was trying to gain popularity through the donations. He is a perfect human being!


There is so much more I could say about Jae Suk (and perhaps I will in a later post) but I hope this gives you a small idea of the greatness of Yoo Jae Suk. I can't wait to see more of him and I will always support him!




Quite simply, I love Yoo Jae Suk!


Picture Source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  9  10 11

No comments:

Post a Comment