Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bi Bim Bap Recipe

Coming home from my 6am shift at work today, I was wracking my brain to think of something, anything that I could have for my lunch. And then, a magical thought came to me;

"Why not make some Bi Bim Bap?"

So that's what I did!




First, I started with my bowl of rice. This is about 3/4 cup uncooked rice. It was just a little bit too much for me, which probably means that this is the right amount for a normal person hehe. Season it with 2 teaspoons or so of sesame oil.




Then, I chopped up all of my ingredients. I used what I had on hand, which ended up being bell pepper, carrots, and salmon. The goal is to chop your ingredients so they are about as thick as a matchstick, which is a skill I am still working on. A shredder would really work wonders ^_^

You can use whatever kind of meat you have, like beef, pork, or chicken. The salmon I used is super delicious and from Costco.





Once you have everything chopped, saute each ingredient separately in a pan with a bit of oil. This shouldn't take long, just a few minutes for each one.


 


I also had some spinach left over from some japchae I made last week, so I put that in my Bi Bim Bap also. Put about a handful in a pot of boiling water for about a minute. Rinse the spinach in cold water and then chop it.





Finally my ingredients came to look like this. You can really use any kind of vegetables that you would like in your Bi Bim Bap, but bean sprouts and mushrooms are both very popular ingredients that I didn't have at the time. If you want, you can season your vegetables with soy sauce and sesame oil. Also, if you have spicy chili sauce, that is often eaten with Bi Bim Bap, but once again it was something I didn't have.




Neatly arrange your ingredients on your rice and top it off with an egg. Volia! Bi Bim Bap! Mix it up and enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment