Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Haeundae

Guess who just finished with school for the semester?


G-Dragon and Taeyang are celebrating with me ^_^


Needless to say I am beyond excited and looking forward to some time off of school.

Anyways, a little while ago I mentioned how upset I was at the lack of Korean dramas on netflix. I think I ended up getting to the fourth or fifth episode of Miss Ripley before I decided there was no way I could continue on with that drama. While I enjoyed the supporting cast, the lead female irritated me far more than I could ever express to you.

So instead of watching dramas, I moved on to watching some of the Korean movies netflix offers. Once again, I'm not really too pleased with their selection. It's mainly "guy" movies, but there are a couple of cute movies available. One that I watched this past week was Haeundae (also known as Tidal Wave).





Can you guess what Tidal Wave is about? If you guessed that it is about a monster series of tidal waves hitting Busan, than you are correct! You can probably imagine what happens in the movie. It's a pretty basic natural disaster movie with a touch of romance thrown in for good measure.





The star of Haeundae is the gorgeous Ha Ji Won, who you probably know from Secret Garden. In the movie she is an orphan who is harboring a crush on Sol Kyung-Gu's character.




Sol Kyung-Gu's character was told to look after Ha Ji Won's character as her father's dying wish. He is also fighting his uncle to keep Haeundae a market area for people to sell their goods instead of developing it.





Lee Min-Ki is another one to look out for in Tidal Wave. He plays a lifeguard who develops feelings for a girl he rescues. He is also in the movie Romantic Island that I recently watched.


Overall Haeundae is a solid movie. I would recommend it if you are in the mood for a natural disaster movie (because I know that's a common type of movie to want to watch ^_~) or if you are a fan of Ha Ji Won. Let me know what you think of it ^_^



Picture Source 1 2 3 4 5

No comments:

Post a Comment