Friday, December 16, 2011

Hangul

As you already know, it's a goal of mine to become fluent in Korean. Since my dongsaeng Shaylah is also trying to start to learn, I thought I would create a post quickly reviewing the Hangul characters in case anyone else is trying to learn ^_^

ㅂ= b/p
ㅈ= j/ can sometimes be pronounced as ch
ㄷ= d/t
ㅅ= s/sh
ㅁ= m
ㄴ= n
ㄱ= g/k
ㄹ= r/l
ㅎ= h
ㅊ= ch

ㅃ= bb/pp
ㅉ= jj
ㄸ= dd/tt
ㅆ= ss
ㄲ= gg/kk

ㅋ= k
ㅌ= t
ㅍ= p

ㅐ= ae
ㅔ= e
ㅗ= o/wo
ㅓ= o
ㅏ= a
ㅣ= i/ee
ㅜ= oo/woo
ㅡ= u/eu

ㅕ= yo
ㅑ= ya
ㅠ= yoo
ㅛ= yo

ㅇ= ng/ when you need to have a vowel take the first sound, you use ㅇ, for example; 언= an

I recommend trying to memorize these first, and then start reading small words that you are already familiar with how they are pronounced. A fun way for me to do this was through the names of various idols and actors. Want to try?






하하



용화



Hope this helps anyone who is wanting to learn!


Fighting~


Picture Source 1 2 3

1 comment:

  1. Hey :D
    very interesting blog and thanks for uploading the hangul letters
    could you tell me more about how to make sentences?
    and what books do you use for studying?
    thx and xoxo

    ReplyDelete