Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Girls' Generation

In the world of K-Pop there are many girl groups. My favorite without a doubt is Girl's Generation. Their Korean name is 소 녀 시 대 or So Nyo Shi Dae (SNSD). SNSD is known for their bubbly pop music and cute images. 


Girls' Generation

SNSD is made up of nine members! Going from the picture above I will introduce you to them. (Starting from the top row from the left) First is Sooyoung, she is one of the main dancers and also sings. Next is Yuri, who is also one of the main dancers but also sings. Then there is Sunny who is one of the main vocalists. After Sunny is Taeyeon who is the leader of SNSD. She is also the main singer of the group. Following Taeyeon is Yoona who sings and dances. (Bottom row from the left) Jessica is one of the main singers (and also stared in the Korean version of the Legally Blonde musical!). Tiffany is a lead vocalist. Seo Hyun (my favorite member ^_^) is the youngest of the group and one of the lead vocalists. You should also check out Seo Hyun's version of Sixteen Going On Seventeen (so talented)! Finally we have Hyoyeon who is one of the main dancers. Some of the girls (Jessica, Sunny and, Tiffany) are Americans!


Their first really big hit was Gee. After Gee, there was Oh! and Run Devil Run. The interesting thing about Run Devil Run is that Ke$ha wrote it! Up next was Hoot. I especially love the arrow dance in Hoot. Although I had to think really hard about it, I think my favorite SNSD song is Genie (Tell Me Your Wish).




Right now Girls' Generation are busy promoting their new album in Japan. Hopefully they will come out with some new Korean music soon! Before I end this entry I want to recommend watching some SNSD music videos if you are ever feeling sad. I once read that some people did a study and they found that the dances and upbeat music of SNSD videos increase peoples happiness! So enjoy ^_~



Picture Source 1

No comments:

Post a Comment