Friday, June 24, 2011

Kiss Kiss

With the next two days proving to be quite busy due to my sisters graduation party, I wanted to share a quick blog entry with you! I read a short article earlier about how people in Korea have really been enjoying the "light bulb" kiss from City Hunter. Since the kiss happened in one of the episodes that aired this week I haven't been able to see it yet, but it got me thinking about how kisses that happen in K-dramas can become so popular. I love how the kisses get named, as well as how often they are imitated. I haven't seen too many famous kisses, but let me share the famous kisses that I have seen with you!

Playground Kiss

The "playground" kiss from Boys Over Flowers is one of my favorites! It was the first real kiss between Jan Di and Jun Pyo. It also happened after Jun Pyo spent a day living as a commoner with Jan Di and her family. Jun Pyo realized what it was like to have a loving family for the first time, and he was very grateful to Jan Di. 


Rain Kiss

I'm not sure if this kiss from Playful Kiss ever got a name, but I really loved it so I decided to include it on my list ^_^. In this scene, Oh Ha Ni had just come back from a date because she had given up on Baek Seung Jo (played my Kim Hyung Joong) ever liking her. However, Baek Seung Jo finally reveals his true feelings to Oh Ha Ni with this kiss!

Candy Kiss

Sorry, that was the best video I could find. The real "Candy" kiss scene starts about 1:20 into the video. Anyways, this is from the drama Iris. In this scene Kim Tae Hee's character is upset that it is White Day and Lee Byun Hun's character did not get her any candy. When he shows up after promising to get her some she is upset because he isn't carrying anything. However, she gets her candy along with the kiss! 

Foam Kiss

Since I already included the "Foam" kiss in my Secret Garden post, I thought I would include a different version of the kiss in this post! Remember how I said these famous kisses often get parodied? Well here is a prime example! For their comeback, Big Bang did a parody of Secret Garden called Secret Big Bang. In this parody T.O.P. becomes Kim Joo T.O.P. and G-Dragon become G-Ra Im. 

Light Bulb Kiss

So there you have it! These are just a few of the famous kisses from Korean dramas. Hopefully the "light bulb" kiss will not disappoint any of us! What do you think of these kisses? Do you have a favorite? Do you wish that kisses from American dramas would become famous like this? I suppose we did have the "spiderman" kiss. Oh well, until next time I hope you enjoy these kisses ^_~

Picture Source 1

No comments:

Post a Comment