Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm Back ^_^

Well, I'm finally back home after spending a good two weeks in Florida. As most of you know, I was really hoping/planning on making some new Korean friends while I was working. However, I was shocked when there were no Koreans working at the Emporium at all!

Nina and Pei Pei
I did make some new friends though. Nina and Pei Pei are both from China. I also met Pearl, who is from Singapore, and Gwen who is from Thailand. The best part about talking to these girls was their shock when they realized that I watched Korean dramas and listened to K-Pop. Since groups like Super Junior, and dramas like Boys Over Flowers and Secret Garden are popular across Asia we had lots to talk about ^_^
Nichkhun
One of the funniest things was when I was asking Gwen about Nichkhun. Since he is from Thailand I figured she would know about him. I asked her if she knew "Nick-koon", and she had no idea who I was talking about! And then I mentioned how he is in 2PM. Then things clicked for Gwen and she said "Oh! You mean 'Ni-shi-koon'!". I guess the two countries say his name differently O_o. Once we got that straightened out, Gwen said that her friends are good friends with Nichkhun! 
Although there were no Korean ICPs at the Emporium this summer, I did have a few Korean guests one day. When the first man came up to my line I said as much as I could to him in Korean. I told him that I was going to visit my unnis this summer and I think that made him happy. After he left, I found out that there was about four other people with him. They all kept coming to my line whenever they needed anything. It was fun and I was glad to practice my limited language skills a bit. 
I'm going to keep this entry short, but I do want to share one thing with you. I talked with Wen a bit last week and I found out that we will be spending about four days in Seoul when I go to visit this summer. I think the day after she told me that, CNN published an article of 50 reasons why Seoul is the greatest city in the world! Reading it made me so much more excited for my trip! I loved so many reasons on the list, but I think my favorite might be #30 ^_~  Tell me what your favorite reason is!

Picture Source 1


No comments:

Post a Comment