Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Put Your Hands Up!

In honor of 2PM releasing their music video for "Put Your Hands Up" today, I thought I should blog about them!

2PM
 
2PM is made up of six members (more on them later) and they released their first single in 2008, 10 Points Out Of 10. Their next big hit (and personal favorite of mine) was Heartbeat. Following Heartbeat was Again And Again. Another big hit for 2PM was I'll Be Back. Throughout these promotions, 2PM earned the nickname of "Beastly Idols" or "Beast-dols" because of their beastly images when they performed. They also had a bit of controversy when the leader of the group, Park Jaebeom left the group. 

Now let me introduce you to the beastly members of 2PM!

Junsu
 
Junsu is one of the vocalists for 2PM. Recently he has been getting involved with songwriting, and even wrote one of the songs for the Dream High OST! He is also the oldest member of 2PM. Apparently he is close friends with G-Dragon and Taeyang! 
Junho
 
Junho is also one of the vocalists for 2PM. He was able to enter JYPE (the entertainment agency in charge of 2PM) after winning the show Superstar Survival. He seems to always be smiling and happy!
Chansung
 
Chansung is one of the rappers for 2PM. Before joining 2PM he acted in the drama Unstoppable High Kick. He is known to love working out. 
 
Nichkhun
 
If you read my blog you already know of my love for Nichkhun! He also raps for 2PM. Instead of auditioning for 2PM, Nichkhun was scouted for the group. He was born in California and spent his childhood there and in Thailand. He went to boarding school in New Zealand. And then he came back to the USA for high school (why not to Michigan?! T.T). He is fluent in English, Thai, Korean, and he is learning to speak Japanese! He is also currently appearing on We Got Married.
Wooyoung
 
Wooyoung is one of the vocalists for 2PM. He is also known to be a talented dancer. Wooyoung was one of the main characters in one of my favorite K-dramas, Dream High. He was so cute on the show and acted well considering it was his first role!

Taecyeon
 
Taecyeon is one of the rappers for 2PM. He also was one of the male leads in Dream High with Wooyoung. During his childhood, Taecyeon moved to Massachusetts with his family which is where he grew up. Many people in Korea look up to him because Taecyeon has chosen to give up his American citizenship in order to serve his time in the Korean military. 
 
As I said earlier, 2PM just released their first music video from their new album, Hands Up earlier today! Here it is. I think this could very likely become one of my main jams for the summer. Especially since I think 2PM should be very busy promoting this single while I am in Korea! 


I would like to leave you with a couple of super cute interview answers that Taceyeon and Nichkhun recently gave (read the full translated article here). If all of this doesn't make you love 2PM, this certainly will!

First, Taecyeon--

Q. What is your final dream?
A. Raising a happy family.
Q. Most of the 2PM members mentioned happy families; you’re going to become great dads.
A. Oh really? Well, that’s very likely, because our members are all very fine men. Aren’t we?

And finally, Nichkhun--

Q. What is your final dream?
A. I want to become a good dad. For the oncoming 10 years I want to earn money earnestly, and then open a café or a restaurant in Korea, or Thailand or the US. And since I will have a lot of free time, I will be able to spend it with my child. Because children are having it really hard if their parents are very busy. Children who grew up with busy parents had it tough with this and that. I don’t think it is right. I know it because I went through this myself. That’s why I’m trying hard to earn enough money right now. Really.
 
Picture Source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

No comments:

Post a Comment