Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Namsan Tower

Since I officially have exactly one month until I arrive in Korea, I thought I would share one place I would like to visit. I really haven't had any say in what is going to happen once I get there, and that's perfectly fine with me! This way I have no expectations besides getting to spend time with my friends ^_^ Anyways, I'm not sure if I'll get to go here or not but the one place I would really like to see is...

Namsan Tower
 
Namsan Tower! It is also known as Seoul Tower. Guess where it is located? Seoul (of course)! I think it would be fun to get to go to the top. The view is supposed to be amazing, you can see most of Seoul.  Namsan Tower was built in 1969 and there are some gift shops inside as well as a few restaurants. One of which is rotating (not for me though, after dining at the Garden Grill in EPCOT I think I'll pass on rotating restaurants).
 
 Love Locks

Another reason for me wanting to visit Namsan is to see the love locks. Couples will come to Namsan with two locks. Each partner writes a message on their lock; what they love about their partner, promises they want to keep, what they hope to change in their relationship, or anything they want! After the couple writes their messages, they intertwine their two locks together and lock them to the fence on this deck of Namsan. Then they throw away the keys to the locks over the side.

 Love Notes <3
 
They say that as long as the locks stay locked together the love between the couple will stay strong! 
Khuntoria
 
Nichkhun and Victoria even left a lock there (they had to get that extra large one so fans couldn't steal it)! And of course there is one final reason why I would like to visit Namsan...

Jan Di & Jun Pyo
 
Let's not forget that Jan Di and Jun Pyo from Boys Over Flowers "spent their first night together" in a Namsan cable car! I wonder if Jun Pyo's message is still in the cable car? I guess there is only one way to find out ^_~
 
Picture Source 1 2 3 4 5

No comments:

Post a Comment