Friday, June 10, 2011

Seungri

Now that I know my trip is getting closer I've started to make my checklist of things I need to do. Today I ordered my passport cover (I'll post pictures when it comes in the mail ^_^) and I also called to schedule my appointment with the doctor. I need to make sure I have all my shots! I still need to order my SK Won from the bank, call the credit card companies to let them know I'll be in Korea, get my hair cut, and figure out what I'm going to do with my phone while I'm there. Phew! Can you think of anything else I need to do before I go (seriously....I'm so nervous I'll forget something!)?

 Seungri

To take my mind off of all my little tasks to do, I think I'll tell you all about Seungri today! If you remember my Big Bang Post, I think I mentioned devoting a blog entry to each member. So this ones belongs to Seungri! By the way, that post I made about Big Bang has had over 220 page views :O! I thought I was just making this blog for my family and friends but it turns out lots of people want to know about Big Bang!



As I said before, Seungri (승 리) is the youngest member, or maknae, of Big Bang. He was born in 1990, so he is only 20 years old right now. The name Seungri translates to "victory" in Korean. He released his first solo single in 2009, Strong Baby. And before Big Bang made their comeback earlier this year he released his own album! It is called VVIP and it is really good. The title track is What Can I Do. He is known for his great dancing skills so you should definitely check out his music videos.



In addition to singing, Seungri also acts! He was in the movie 19. T.O.P. was in it too! It was pretty good. It's about three 19 year olds who get accused of a crime that none of them actually committed. They need to find out who really did while they are on the run from the police.

As a back up plan to his entertainment career, Seungri recently opened up a few academies in Korea to teach people how to sing and dance. So in case things don't work out for him in the entertainment field (which I doubt!) he has something to fall back on. Pretty smart, don't you think?


I'll leave you with my favorite Seungri performance. In the video he mashes his song Magic from VVIP and Strong Baby together. So good! I hope you enjoy it :D

Picture Source 1 2 3

No comments:

Post a Comment