Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ouch!

Today I went to the travel doctor to get the vaccines I needed before my trip. Although my right arm is quite sore at this point, I'm really glad I went. The doctor had some really helpful information for me! For example, I'm not supposed to consume any tap water when I'm there. Therefore, no raw vegetables, fruit that can't be peeled, fountain beverages, or ice in any of my drinks. I even need to brush my teeth with bottled water! I ended up only needing to get the Typhoid and Hepatitis A shots. I'm glad I also didn't have to get the Yellow Fever shot, however I do need to go back in January for a follow up Hepatitis A shot. 

I also called the airlines today to confirm my reservations as well as to figure out how checking my bag will go. When I called American Airlines they told me "I don't know. You need to call Asiana Air". And guess what Asiana Air told me when I called them? "I don't know. You need to call American Airlines". -_- I think I have most of what I need to know figured out though, so that's a relief! The only main worry I have right now is that I only have an hour and a half in between my flight to Chicago and Seoul. Since I always worry about not being late this concerns me a little as the two flights are in different terminals, but I suppose it's not something I need to worry about just yet.

Before I go I will leave you with one of my favorite things about Korea -- AEGYO!!

Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun showing lots of aegyo!
 
Aegyo is when someone does a pose, or makes a sound to amplify their cute factor. Basically it's just acting super cute! Many people try to show aegyo when they are taking pictures, but you can also show it to impress people. I think many Korean guys like it when girls show aegyo. For example, here is a funny clip from Running Man.
 
 
 
Sunny is considered to be one of the aegyo queens in Korea! She really shows it in this clip. I've recently found myself trying to show lots of aegyo in pictures lately. I would actually really love to see everyone showing lots more aegyo in pictures, what do you think?  
 
Picture Source 1

No comments:

Post a Comment