Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Taeyang

It's been awhile since I devoted a post to any of the Big Bang members, so I thought it was time for my Taeyang post!

Taeyang ^_^
 
 For starters, Taeyang is actually a stage name. Taeyang translates to "solar", his real name is Dong Youngbae. He is 23 years old, and he started training in order to become a member of Big Bang when he was only 12 years old. Talk about dedication! He originally was going to be a rapper, but now he is Big Bang's main vocalist.





After a few years of promoting with Big Bang, Taeyang released his first solo material in 2008. His first big hit was "Only Look At Me". Even though I love the song, I've always found it a bit interesting as he is singing about how he might "look" at other girls but his girlfriend is not allowed to "look" at other guys. After the success of "Only Look At Me", Taeyang released his first full solo album almost exactly one year ago (July 1, 2010). The album, Solar, did extremely well on the US itunes charts, getting all the way to the number two spot on the R&B charts (with no US promotion!). Every song on Solar is really good, but I must admit the thing I love most about it is three of the songs are English versions! Granted, Taeyang uses a good deal of English normally, but to have three songs completely in English make me so happy. 
 
Without a doubt, my favorite English song of Taeyang's is "Wedding Dress". The music video is so sad, but Taeyang is so great in it! Another English song I would recommend of his is "I'll Be There". And although it's not in English, I love "I Need A Girl". I suppose it doesn't hurt that it's featuring G-Dragon!
 



I hope you feel like you know Taeyang a bit better now. I also hope you've discovered some new music if you didn't know about Taeyang before ^_~
 
Picture Source 1 2 3

No comments:

Post a Comment